Comfort food — just add a roast chicken and some green veggies. Some of what ever jam you put up this summer is good too. Or is it’s still summer, make extra and use them for shortcake.
By October 31, 2012Published:
- Yield: 8 big ones (4 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
Just that, big fluffy biscuits to load up with butter and jam.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 — 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 425. (Yes, it counts this time.)
- Combine dry ingredients. Add cream, beginning with one cup and mix until a rough shaggy mass. Add more cream as necessary until you can knead the dough.
- Knead for one minute. Roll out of pat into a rough square about 1⁄2 inch thick. Cut into 8 pieces.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.