More holiday requests. I’m remaking some bits of the website over here and just to make sure that I don’t end on anyone’s naughty list, I’m making sure that all of the most requested recipes stay available. This one is for the crack-addictive pecans that show up at holiday parties when anyone is silly enough to say “oh just bring something to nibble on.” You’ve been warned. I think these are based on something that came from Cooking Light.
Hint: Make Lots.
By August 27, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
Sticky, spicy, smoky, addictive as all get out.
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tsp ancno chile powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375(f). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, chile powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Add the nuts to the syrup mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on the backing sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Cool on the pan.