A tradition at the Boxing Day Party. We’ve given this recipe to skiers, football fans, parents of toddlers who refuse to eat “funny stuff”, and mothers of teenage boys who don’t eat so much as inhale. Whatever. It disappears by the boat load. Serve with corn bread is you’re feeling ambitious. Tortillas if you aren’t. Beer is good too.
Red Chili in the Slow Cooker
By August 27, 2012Published:
- Yield: A big pot
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 8 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 8 hrs 30 mins
A red chili that’s dirt simple to make. If you 1.5x this recipe it will totally fill a 6 quart crock pot but it won’t bubble over.
- 2 l lbs ground beef or stew meat
- 32 oz salsa med hot
- 28 oz diced tomatos (1 big can)
- 30 oz re kidney beans or black beans (2 cans)
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Brown the beef in a skillet, drain the fat. Add the meat to the slow cooker.
- Open the cans and add the rest of the stuff.
- Add the spices. Stir well.
- Cook covered, on low. 8 hours.