- Remember to make rice the day before
- 30 mins prep and cook
- Feeds 4
- You can mess around with the sauce
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 tbs canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 cup thinly horizontally sliced green beans
- 3⁄4 cups dieced ham (approx 4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tsp sesame oil
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup 1 inch slices green onion
- Break up the rice.
- Heat a large wok over high heat, add canola oil.
- Add chopped onions and garlic. Fry 1 minute or until oinions begin to brown.
- Add green beans and ham. Fry 2 minutes ot until ham browns.
- Reduce heat to medium high.
- Add cold rice to wok. Stir fry 2 minutes
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, and black pepper, add to wok. Stir well.
- Push rice up the sides of the wok and pour eggs in to the center. Cook 30 seconds until eggs begin to set.
- Stir scrambled eggs into the rice.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
You can add stuff to the sauce. Try chili paste or a tablespoon of black
Source: Cooking Light
These make a great holiday hostess gift. If you can get them out of the house.
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tsp ancho cile powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375(F).
- Combine maple syrup, Worchestershire sauce„ chile powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Add nuts to the syrup mixture and stir to coat.
- Line baking sheet with parchement paper.
- Spread teh nusts in a single layer ont he baking sheet.
- Bake for abotu 10 minutes or until lighhtly browned.
- Cool on the pan.
Source: Cooking Light
- Christmas nuts.
- Make lots.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or stew meat
- 32 oz chunky salsa
- 28 oz diced tomatoes (1 big can)
- 30 oz red kidney beans or black beans (2 cans)
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Brown the beef in a skillet, drain the fat. Add the meat to the slow cooker.
- Open cans and add rest of the stuff.
- Add the spices, stir well.
- Cook, covered, on low for 8 hours.
(If you 1.5x this recipe it will totally fill a 6 quart crock pot but it won’t bubble over.)